Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I am of Portuguese descent. One of the ethnic foods for the Portuguese is "chourice or linguica." It is a spicy sausage that if wonderful fried, scrambled with eggs or used in the next recipe! It's hard to find, but can be ordered online @ www.linguica.com or Gaspars.com.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 lbs not so lean hamburger
- 1⁄2 lb portuguese chorizo sausage, ground in a food processor
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) canpeeled diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in pan and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add warm water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Serve on rolls of your choice.
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I recommend linguica to anyone who hasn't tried. I grew up with eating linguica at home or at my Portugese grandpa's home...it's soooo good fried up (but oh so bad for you!). Can't wait to try this recipe!