- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 large tomatoes, peeled, chopped and seeded (can also used canned)
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil and butter in saucepan until butter is melted.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil, then add rice, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.