Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
I found this recipe when preparing for ZWT 5. I am not sure if the asorbic acid is a must but the recipe does sound tasty and easy.
Top Review by Samantha in Ut
I also went back and forth between a 4 and 5. I really enjoyed the lemon taste and the texture of the bread. My family liked it too. I did add the ascorbic acid and my loaf was huge! Next time I will try without it to see the difference. Made for ZWT 5.
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ascorbic acid
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons quick-rising yeast