Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Nice sweet bread delicious served as a coffe cake for breakfast or as an accompaniment to any meal.
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon rind, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ascorbic acid
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- Place all ingredients in machine, program for white or sweet bread.
- Press start.
Really a good tasting bread. I can recommend this.
The ascorbic acid is optional and not used as a preservative here, but will make the bread rise faster and higher. You can buy ascorbic acid in health food stores sold under the name of "Vitamin C Crystals" or bulk/powdered vitamin C.
The bread was great. I left out the ascorbic acid. It was still okay. I guess that is a perservative. We used it for a Girl Scout project. Thanks!