Recipe by Lyn HW
Top Review by MelissaEbb
This recipe was tasty and easy to make. The bread is a bit denser than a traditional sweetbread but still very good. I have a few tips for the novice bread maker. After you kneed the ingredients in the bowl kneed and stretch the dough on a floured counter for several minutes. I also allowed my dough to rise for a total of 5.5 hours ( 4 hours in the bowl and an additional 1.5 hours after forming loaves)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 eggs, one for brushing on massa before baking
- 8 -9 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle yeast into 1/2 cup warm water and let activate.
- Combine all ingredients and knead well.
- Cover with a dry towel and let rise until doubled.
- Divide into 3 round loaves and placed in greased round cake pans.
- Let rise, brush tops with beaten egg and bake at 350F degrees 30-40 minutes .