Recipe by Sharon123
A delicious way to fix trout or any firm white fish. Adapted from Emeril Lagasse's New New Orleans Cooking! Enjoy!
Top Review by torres3boys
I made this tonight.. I only had yellow peppers and used gooseberries instead of capers...it was sooo good... my kids and hubby loved it!! I also didnt use olives because I didnt have any.. I will definitely make it again!!!!! Thank you.
- 2 small whole trout, about 3/4-1 pound each (or Mediterranean Sea bass)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced yellow pepper
- 1⁄3 cup pitted black olives
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a grill.
- Using a sharp knife, make 3 slashes across each fish at an angle. Rub each fish with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with Bayou Blast(recipe above). Place fish on hot grill and grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on the weight of each fish.
- In a saute pan, heat the remaining olive oil. Add onions and saute for 1 minute. Add peppers, olives, garlic, anchovies, if using, herbs, and capers and saute for 2 minutes. Add wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Fold in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, to thicken. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the sauce in the center of an oblong plate. Lay fish directly on top of the sauce. Garnish with parsley. These are great served with Portuguese Style Sauteed Potatoes!
- To make the Bayou Blast, mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Makes 2/3 cup.