Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nummy quick supper from Cooking light.
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1⁄3 cup tawny port (or other sweet red wine)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- Scallops cook quickly, so get the rice going first.
- Cook the rice according to package direction, omitting salt and fat.
- While the rice is cooking, sprinkle the scallops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a 10 inch cast iron frypan (or heavy pan),over high heat until very hot, about 3 minutes.
- Add half of the scallops, and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove scallops from pan and keep warm.
- Repeat the procedure with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and remaining scallops.
- Remove scallops from pan.
- Stir in the port and lemon juice, scraping the pan to loosen browned bits.
- Add the scallops, 3 tablespoons parsley and garlic, saute for 30 seconds over high heat.
- Serve scallops over rice.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley.
Nice Low Calorie way to prepare scallops with alot of flavor. I cut down on the olive oil by spraying my pan with olive oil spray.