Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sauce makes a delicious accompaniment to grilled fish or vegetables. From Eating Well.
Make and share this Portuguese-Style Red Pepper Paste recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large red bell peppers, roasted and cut into chunks
- 1 fresh jalapenos or 1 serrano pepper, roasted and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Put roasted peppers, salt, garlic and 1 TBS oil in a blender, blend until smooth.
- Slowly add remaining 2 TBs oil, blending until the paste is the consistency of whipped cream.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
- Note: The paste will keep in the refridgerator for up to 4 days.
- If it separates a little, drain off liquid.
Very interesting and healthy way to make a condiment with a plenty zing and color to it.