If you don't have linguine, you may use spaghetti, or any other long pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb linguica sausage, chorizo, keilbasa or 1/2 lb other hard sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 -5 plum tomatoes, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, shredded or 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves, plus some for garnish
- 1/2 cup water (do not use if using canned tomatoes)
- 3 lbs mussels, cleaned
- 1 1/2 lbs linguine
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2Remove the skin from the sausage and chop into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces. Combine the olive oil and sausage into a large, deep pot over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes.
- 3When the sausage begins to brown, add the garlic.
- 4Cook 1 or 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, then add the tomatoes and 1/4 cup basil.
- 5Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring, until tomatoes are softened. Add the water if you are not using canned tomatoes. Stir, add the mussels, cover, and turn heat to high.
- 6Salt the boiling water and cook the pasta until it is al dente.
- 7Cook the mussels, shaking the pot occasionally until all the mussels are open, about 10 minutes.
- 8Drain the pasta, place in a large serving bowl, and pour the mussels and sauce over the pasta.
- 9Garnish and serve.
Browse Our Top Portuguese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese-Style Mussels over Linguine
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.7
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 63.6 mg
- Sodium 658.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 42.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: