Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Chicken with wine, mushrooms and garlic.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Trim any fat off of the chicken and cut it crosswise into 1 inch wide strips.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Saute the chicken in the olive oil until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken to a plate. Add the wine to the pan and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add onions, mushrooms, garlic and rosemary.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of cold water and stir it into the sauce.
- Add the chicken back in, bring the sauce to a boil and then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.