- 5 lbs clams in shell, scrubbed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chorizo sausage, sliced (Portuguese sausage)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups white wine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash clams well in a sink of cold water.
- In a large stock pot with a tight lid, place the cleaned clams, sausage, onion, tomatoes and wine in pot.
- Cover and set over med-high heat.
- Steam until all the clams open up (disguard any clams that do not open).
- Be sure to shake pan often to ensure even cooking.
- Drizzle olive oil over the cooked clams.