- 1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced into thick slices
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 900 ml chicken broth (sodium reduced)
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- To a large pot add all of the vegetables, spices, oil and broth. Add enough cold water to the pot to just cover the vegetables. Simmer the soup until the vegetables are tender. With a hand blender, puree the soup on low until creamy and lump free.
- Note: If you prefer a vegetarian version, simply substitute a vegetable broth or water.