Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is something I kind of made up one day when I was craving a comforting food...it uses spanish rice, but also has linguica sausage in it, and tomatoes, which are popular in portuguese cooking. I prefer the spanish rice mix by Near East, as it has no MSG, whereas the Rice A Roni version does.
- 1 (6 3/4 ounce) box Spanish rice and vermicelli mix
- 1 linguica sausage
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) canof sliced black olives
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon oil
- Begin making spanish rice according to directions.
- Slice clove(s) of garlic.
- Heat oil in small frying pan.
- Slice linguica sausage into half moons.
- Place garlic in frying pan, and cook until slightly toasted.
- Place linguica in pan and fry until browned.
- Drain the cans of tomatoes and olives.
- When spanish rice is done, add the tomatoes, olives, and sausage.
- This is good served with fresh bread.