1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My boy friend is portuguese, and had a yen for this soup, after many test runs, I think I've got it. I've seen lots of variations, but this is close to what he remembers from his youth, lots of kale, linguica and a hearty broth. He likes this with crusty sourdough bread, but being from the south, I like it with good ole cast iron skillet cornbread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1slice linguica into bite size pieces, and brown in very hot soup pot. I like to get it a bit crusty.
- 2Add onion and cook til tender.
- 3Chop kale and add to pot and "wilt" about 10 minutes.
- 4Add broth, cover and simmer at least 45 minutes.
- 5Add potatoes and cook til they are done.
- 6Adjust seasonings, and serve.
- 7If soup seems tooo thick, just add another can of broth.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.5
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 999.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: