Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Zaar World Tour Portugal
Make and share this Portuguese Smothered Cod recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces sausage, polish will do if you cant find portuguese, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 lbs kale, stems removed, finely chopped
- 4 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 cod fish fillets
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup fish stock
- Heat olive oil; add sausage; add garlic.
- Add kale and cook down.
- In a casserole layer the thinly sliced potatoes in bottom.
- Make 4 beds; put cod on top of potato layer; salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide kale mixture 4 ways; top the cod.
- Juice the lemon over the cod.
- Pour wine and fish stock around.
- Cover with foil paper.
- Bake 30 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.