Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy meal for family or company. I usually serve over rice.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 lb scallops
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- Melt butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute for one minute.
- Increase heat to high and add mushrooms. Saute until done.
- Add tomato paste and stir.
- Add wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp and green onions. Cook one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add scallops and cook 3 minutes or until scallops are opaque.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
This is a dish that makes me proud to be Portuguese!!! I always serve it over Basmatti Rice and everyone loves it. I have brought it to many potlucks and I always get asked the recipe
Great recipe! We had plenty of leftovers so I served it with marinara sauce over pasta the second time around.
We enjoyed these shrimp and scallops! but we did find the sauce a little too sharp, I think the combination of dry wine and the lemon juice was a little overwhelming. If i were to make it again I would either cut one of them out or cut both in half. I will try it again and next time will serve it over brown rice. thanks for posting.