Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a fantastic, creamy dessert, extremely easy to make and one everyone will want the recipe for.
- 1 (10 ounce) packet Marie biscuits
- 1 (330 ml) can condensed milk (standard or skim)
- 2 (330 ml) cartons cream
- 3 teaspoons gelatin powder, made to manufacturers instructions
- butter or margarine, to grease bowl
- Place Marie biscuits in food processor and process until very fine. Grease a large bowl or casserole dish lightly with butter or margarine.
- Using a cake beater/ mixer, add the 2 cartons of cream. Mix until it just coats the back of a spoon- just before it becomes thick.
- We still need a runny consistency. This is the trick to getting this just right.
- Add the can of condensed milk.
- Keep mixing for another minute to ensure it is incorporated.
- Stop the beaters.
- Add the prepared gelatin to the creamy, condensed milk mixture. Stir it inches.
- Add this mixture to your prepared dish or bowl.
- Put the processed biscuits on top of this mixture.
- Allow to set overnight in refrigerator.
- Serve up and enjoy.
This one of my favorite desserts here in Portugal, your recipe is wonderful. Thanks Very Much