Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I received this recipe many years ago from a friend and it's become a cold weather favorite in our house. It has a unique flavor and everyone loves it!
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 3 cups white potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 3 cups zucchini, sliced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons anise seeds
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (22 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 5 cups water
- Remove sausage from casings and brown in an 8qt. stockpot. Drain well and set aside. Saute onion and celery until tender crisp. Return sausage to pan, add all the rest of the ingredients. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Ladel into bowls and grate fresh parmigan cheese over the top. Serve with fresh crusty bread for dunking.