Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This muffin is based on a standard popcorn muffin recipe. Just add some Portuguese sausage, onion and rosemary for a muffin that can be served with soup or a salad.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground hot-air popped corn
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 8 ounces ground mild Portuguese chourico
- 1⁄2 finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- Sift flour, measure, and sift with baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add milk, popped corn, egg, and butter.
- Heat chourico in microwave for two minutes.
- Pat heated chourico with a paper towel to absorb grease.
- Add chourico, onion, and rosemary.
- Fill well-oiled muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake in hot oven (435 F) 20 minutes.
- Makes 12 muffins.
- Serve warm.