Recipe by Chef Gorete
This portuguese family favorite is a perfect way to enjoy leftover steak or pork chops....perfect served with spaghetti.
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 large onion, cut into 6 sections
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 2 -3 squirts hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 10 sprigs fresh parsley, whole
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 dash cinnamon
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup wine
- 1 cup water
- 3 -4 cooked pork chops or 3 -4 steak
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oil in a large frying pan, just enough to cover the base of the pan. Heat the oil, then add the onion sections and garlic and saute until soft. Add the remaining spices and whole parsley and simmer for several minutes. Add the wine and water and simmer until sauce is hot.
- Cut the leftover pork chops or steak into bite sized pieces. Place the leftover meat in the sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- If there is not enough sauce, you can add a little more water.
- In the meantime, cook spaghetti according to the package directions.
- Remove the parsley and onions and discard before serving.