Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from Emeril Lagasse
Make and share this Portuguese Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs roma tomatoes, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- salt and pepper
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil over med. heat until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and olives and continue to cook until sauce thickens, about 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste and serve warm.