Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Posting for ZWT III. Do not cover when baking.
Make and share this Portuguese Roasted Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium Spanish onion, sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 lb smoked sausage, thinly sliced, can use chorizo
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pour water into a roasting pan.
- Add vinegar.
- Sprinkle paprika and sugar over the water and mix, removing the lumps.
- Add salt, pepper, onion, tomato, parsley, potatoes, and sliced sausage. Mix well.
- Bake UNCOVERED at 375 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Stir once after 1 hour.
- The potatoes will have a nice red color when they are done.
This was easy and good. Went well with "Portuguese Steak". I did double the recipe because i had many to feed. I used 2 foil baking pans and worked out great. Made by member of "Cooks With Dirty faces" for ZWT5
Great flavor - family loved these ( although DD isn't a big potato fan). ;) I made as directed except used 3 potaotoes instad of 4 as mine were really large, Portuguese linguica and a red onion for the sweet spanish onion. I don't know if they were as "red" as they should have been, but I turned them off and broughtt hem out after about an hour and a half as they looked plenty cooked to me. DH already set aside a portion for his lunch tomorrow!! ;) Nice side dish - thanks Parsley!! ZWT3/