Recipe by angelamota
This is the easiest and tastiest rice. This is the rice that is served at Portuguese weddings. You can add shrimp to it if you like.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon spanish paprika
- 1⁄4 cup hot banana pepper (the ones that come in the jar)
- 3 cups parboiled rice
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil and garlic to large skillet over med heat.
- Cook until garlic soft.
- Add tomato paste. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add paprika, salt, pepper, hot peppers and rice.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until rice becomes translucent.
- Add boiling water and stir for a few minutes.
- Transfer skillet to over for about 30 minutes until rice is cooked.