Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the easiest and tastiest rice. This is the rice that is served at Portuguese weddings. You can add shrimp to it if you like.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon spanish paprika
- 1⁄4 cup hot banana pepper (the ones that come in the jar)
- 3 cups parboiled rice
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Add oil and garlic to large skillet over med heat.
- Cook until garlic soft.
- Add tomato paste. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add paprika, salt, pepper, hot peppers and rice.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until rice becomes translucent.
- Add boiling water and stir for a few minutes.
- Transfer skillet to over for about 30 minutes until rice is cooked.