Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 4 stalk celery
- 4 tomatoes, skinned & seeded
- 1 potato, peeled
- 226.79 g kidney beans, soaked overnight
- 56.69 g olive oil
- 56.69 g butter
- 6.16 ml paprika
- 1892.0 ml chicken stock
- 44.37 ml tomato paste
- 2 mild chorizo sausage (or hot)
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
- Finely chop all vegetables including tomatoes and potato. Drain soaked beans, discarding liquid.
- In a medium pot, add olive oil and butter.
- When oil is hot, add chopped carrot, onion, celery, tomatoes. Saute, but do not brown. Add chopped potato, paprika, and chicken stock.
- When this reaches a boil, add kidney beans and turn down heat to a simmer. Add tomato paste .
- Let cook 45-60 minutes, stirring occasionally. When beans are soft to the touch add sausage and cayenne pepper.
- Season to taste.
This is a great recipe. It's got tons of flavor, inexpensive ingredients, and it was very easy to make. I followed the other reviewers and used canned tomatoes and canned beans. I will be making this again for sure!
This soup is delicious. I used a can of petite diced tomatos instead of fresh tomatos and 8 cups of water instead of stock. Did everything else as directed. Thank you for sharing.