Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A traditional Portuguese dessert - the recipe is right from my mom's kitchen. These are soooo yummy!! Hope you enjoy them!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 lb of melted butter, cooled to room temperature
- Mix the eggs well.
- Add sugar and mix.
- Add cooled butter and mix.
- Add milk and flour, mix well.
- Spray a muffin tin with Pam cooking spray.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full with mixture.
- Place in a 325 oven for approximately 3/4 of an hour.
- If you want, you can sprinkle some with cinnamon when they come hot out of the oven.
I'm sorry to say I really did not like the finishing product on this one...maybe I didn't make them right because they sunk in the middle and were so sweet and oily.
Queijadas WITHOUT cheese???? What's next? Chocolate pie without chocolate?? Queijo = Cheese in Portuguese, you know? I live next to Portugal and I swear these are not Portuguese Queijadas, no way.
horrible...lumpy imitation custard things that never fully cooked after one hour...my own mom was azorean and made these but certainly not this recipe..avoid at all costs...or use the recipe on allrecipes.com