Recipe by The Flying Chef
I am posting this recipe today, it is simple, quick, easy and light. You could add more to it to make it a more substantial meal, but my hubby was going away on business and prefers a light meal before he goes away
Top Review by chia
this was delicious, quick and easy to put together for a week night dinner. i served this over rice and with portuguese rolls to get all the sauce. i followed the recipe and added the last of my green peppers from my garden.
- olive oil
- 500 g uncooked medium king prawns, shelled
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced thinly (300g in weight)
- 1 large red onion, sliced finely (about 300g in weight)
- 2 medium red capsicums, sliced finely (about 400g in weight)
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml tomato paste
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 250 g asparagus, thin stemmed, trimmed
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 29.58 ml parsley, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml honey
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 4.92-9.85 ml sugar, depending on taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the 3 tablespoons olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey and lemon juice in a screw top jar, shake well to combine.
- In a wok or large fry pan heat a small amount of oil, cook chorizo until paprika oil starts to release from the sausage. Add onion to pan and cook for a couple of Min's.
- Add prawns, half the dressing, tomato paste, lemon juice and paprika cook until prawns are pink.
- Add asparagus, green onion, sugar and parsley, cook until asparagus is just tender and it is heated through.
- Makes for a light meal for 4 or to make it more substantial serve with green salad and crusty bread.
- It is a very versatile dish in the sense you can use up what ever veg you have in your fridge add as much or as little as you like.