Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I am posting this recipe today, it is simple, quick, easy and light. You could add more to it to make it a more substantial meal, but my hubby was going away on business and prefers a light meal before he goes away
- olive oil
- 500 g uncooked medium king prawns, shelled
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced thinly (300g in weight)
- 1 large red onion, sliced finely (about 300g in weight)
- 2 medium red capsicums, sliced finely (about 400g in weight)
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml tomato paste
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 250 g asparagus, thin stemmed, trimmed
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 29.58 ml parsley, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml honey
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 4.92-9.85 ml sugar, depending on taste
- Combine the 3 tablespoons olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey and lemon juice in a screw top jar, shake well to combine.
- In a wok or large fry pan heat a small amount of oil, cook chorizo until paprika oil starts to release from the sausage. Add onion to pan and cook for a couple of Min's.
- Add prawns, half the dressing, tomato paste, lemon juice and paprika cook until prawns are pink.
- Add asparagus, green onion, sugar and parsley, cook until asparagus is just tender and it is heated through.
- Makes for a light meal for 4 or to make it more substantial serve with green salad and crusty bread.
- It is a very versatile dish in the sense you can use up what ever veg you have in your fridge add as much or as little as you like.
this was delicious, quick and easy to put together for a week night dinner. i served this over rice and with portuguese rolls to get all the sauce. i followed the recipe and added the last of my green peppers from my garden.