1/2 Photos of Portuguese Prawn and Chorizo
The Flying Chef's Note:
I am posting this recipe today, it is simple, quick, easy and light. You could add more to it to make it a more substantial meal, but my hubby was going away on business and prefers a light meal before he goes away
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil
- 500 g uncooked medium king prawns, shelled
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced thinly (300g in weight)
- 1 large red onion, sliced finely (about 300g in weight)
- 2 medium red capsicums, sliced finely (about 400g in weight)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 250 g asparagus, thin stemmed, trimmed
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar, depending on taste
- 1Combine the 3 tablespoons olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey and lemon juice in a screw top jar, shake well to combine.
- 2In a wok or large fry pan heat a small amount of oil, cook chorizo until paprika oil starts to release from the sausage. Add onion to pan and cook for a couple of Min's.
- 3Add prawns, half the dressing, tomato paste, lemon juice and paprika cook until prawns are pink.
- 4Add asparagus, green onion, sugar and parsley, cook until asparagus is just tender and it is heated through.
- 5Makes for a light meal for 4 or to make it more substantial serve with green salad and crusty bread.
- 6It is a very versatile dish in the sense you can use up what ever veg you have in your fridge add as much or as little as you like.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Prawn and Chorizo
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.8
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 216.4 mg
- Sodium 579.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 35.4 g