Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
Recipe found in Vegetarian Passport by Linda Woolven
Top Review by Annacia
This is delicious soup. I'll admit to not doing the puree step as I didn't realize that it was meant to be a smooth soup until I reached that point in the directions. My favorite soups are broth and "chunks" and I knew that I wouldn't like it nearly as much if I put it in the blender. I had this for tonights dinner with some small crackers and really loved every spoonful.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium-large carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery & leaves, chopped
- 3⁄4-1 cup green beans, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- water, to cover
- 1⁄2 cup green beans, finely chopped
- 1⁄2-1 cup savoy cabbage, finely chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil to soup pot and saute onion over low heat, stirring, until tender.
- Add vegetables, except the finely chopped green beans and cabbage, and saute for a few minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add salt to taste and water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring and checking water level, for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Puree soup and add the finely chopped green beans and the cabbage.
- Simmer another 5 to 10 minutes and serve hot.