Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This Portuguese dish is flavourful and easy to make. It is quite healthy as well. Enjoy!
Make and share this Portuguese Potato and Garlic Soup (Sopa De Alho Com Batatas) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly julienned
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 3 ounces light cream
- salt, to taste
- In a saucepan, heat butter and saute garlic until soft, not browned.
- In a bowl, dissolve the vegetable broth in the boiling water; add to saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off the stove, add milk and potatoes and stir well. Increase heat and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and add the cream, stirring gently. Add salt if necessary.
This is very good. I found that my mashed potatoes kept sinking to the bottom of the pot, so be sure to stir often! Love potato soup, and this was no exception. A bit thinner than most, but the taste is excellent! Thanks for sharing! Made for Went to the Market Tag game.
I really can't imagine why this hasn't already been but I'm glad I made it. This is so simple to make that it really shouldn't taste this good, lol. I made it just by the recipe and love it so much that it going right into my Favorites of 2013 cookbook. This soup delivers a great flavor and textural enjoyment with very few ingredients that I usually have on hand. It's smooth, creamy and very satisfying. I did add a few red pepper flakes to the top of my soup for some color interest and I liked the bit of heat they added. This one is a keeper. Made for Nif's win in the Hidden Treasure Bonus of the February Sun and Spice Event. Thanks for playing with us Nif. :D