Recipe by Nif
This Portuguese dish is flavourful and easy to make. It is quite healthy as well. Enjoy!
Top Review by breezermom
This is very good. I found that my mashed potatoes kept sinking to the bottom of the pot, so be sure to stir often! Love potato soup, and this was no exception. A bit thinner than most, but the taste is excellent! Thanks for sharing! Made for Went to the Market Tag game.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly julienned
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 3 ounces light cream
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, heat butter and saute garlic until soft, not browned.
- In a bowl, dissolve the vegetable broth in the boiling water; add to saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off the stove, add milk and potatoes and stir well. Increase heat and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and add the cream, stirring gently. Add salt if necessary.