Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This Portuguese dish is flavourful and easy to make. It is quite healthy as well. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly julienned
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 3 ounces light cream
- salt, to taste
- In a saucepan, heat butter and saute garlic until soft, not browned.
- In a bowl, dissolve the vegetable broth in the boiling water; add to saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off the stove, add milk and potatoes and stir well. Increase heat and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and add the cream, stirring gently. Add salt if necessary.
This is very good. I found that my mashed potatoes kept sinking to the bottom of the pot, so be sure to stir often! Love potato soup, and this was no exception. A bit thinner than most, but the taste is excellent! Thanks for sharing! Made for Went to the Market Tag game.
I really can't imagine why this hasn't already been but I'm glad I made it. This is so simple to make that it really shouldn't taste this good, lol. I made it just by the recipe and love it so much that it going right into my Favorites of 2013 cookbook. This soup delivers a great flavor and textural enjoyment with very few ingredients that I usually have on hand. It's smooth, creamy and very satisfying. I did add a few red pepper flakes to the top of my soup for some color interest and I liked the bit of heat they added. This one is a keeper. Made for Nif's win in the Hidden Treasure Bonus of the February Sun and Spice Event. Thanks for playing with us Nif. :D