Sopa de Coentro from soupsong.com.Serve hot or cold.
Make and share this Portuguese Potato and Cilantro Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan, saute the onions and garlic in 3 Tablespoons of oil for 5 minutes, until limp, then add the last Tablespoon of oil and the potatoes and stir-fry for a minute.
- Add the stock, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes, until the potatoes are mushy.
- Remove from heat and puree.
- Return the soup to the pot, season with salt and cayenne, and stir in the chopped cilantro.
- You can serve the soup cold--or reheat by slowly bringing it to a simmer.
- Ladle into soup plates and top with a sprinkling of cilantro or chives.