1/2 Photos of Portuguese Potato and Cilantro Soup
Sopa de Coentro from soupsong.com.Serve hot or cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, saute the onions and garlic in 3 Tablespoons of oil for 5 minutes, until limp, then add the last Tablespoon of oil and the potatoes and stir-fry for a minute.
- 2Add the stock, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes, until the potatoes are mushy.
- 3Remove from heat and puree.
- 4Return the soup to the pot, season with salt and cayenne, and stir in the chopped cilantro.
- 5You can serve the soup cold--or reheat by slowly bringing it to a simmer.
- 6Ladle into soup plates and top with a sprinkling of cilantro or chives.
Browse Our Top Portuguese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Portuguese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Potato and Cilantro Soup
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.4
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: