1/24 Photos of Portuguese Paella
"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
I love the blend of flavors in this dish. This is a hearty one dish meal. The secret spice is the Saffron. Saffron is expensive, but you must add it or the taste of authentic Paella is lost.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 link Portuguese chourico, sliced in rounds
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice or 1 1/2 cups other medium grain rice
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomato
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron thread, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup asparagus, cut diagonally
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Sprinkle chicken with rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper.
- 3Heat oil in a large oven proof nonstick skillet or paella pan over medium-high heat.
- 4Add chicken; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 5Remove chicken from pan; cover and keep warm.
- 6Add chourice and cook until lightly browned;.
- 7Add onion and bell pepper; cook for 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 8Add rice, tomato, paprika, saffron and garlic; cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- 9Return chicken to pan.
- 10Add broth and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; bring to boil.
- 11Wrap handle of pan with foil, cover pan;.
- 12Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- 13Stir in shrimp, asparagus, and peas.
- 14Cover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until shrimp are no longer translucent.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Paella
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.6
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.6 mg
- Sodium 1040.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 23.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: