1/4 Photos of Portuguese Paella
1 hr 3 mins
Alan Leonetti's Note:
Years ago I was married to a Portuguese girl for 12 years, and this is a dish her mother used to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken (cut into pieces or 6 skinless thighs)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 ham hocks
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 cups rice (Spanish)
- 1/2 lb raw peeled shrimp
- 1/2 lb clam (littleneck)
- 1/2 lb mussels
- 1/2 lb sea scallops
- 3/4 lb linguica sausage (sliced into 2 inch pieces) or 3/4 lb chorizo sausage (sliced into 2 inch pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup broth
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron (sub. safflower spice or Sazon)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towel.
- 2Season with salt and pepper. Saute chicken and ham hocks in 1/4 cup of olive oil until golden.
- 3Remove chicken, leaving ham hocks in pot, and saute garlic, onion and rice for a few minutes.
- 4Add chicken back to skillet on top of rice. Tuck in seafood and sausage.
- 5Add chicken stock or broth, wine, saffron and bell pepper. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle peas on top, and cover again and continue to cook an additional 10 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Paella
Serving Size: 1 (621 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2542.5
- Calories from Fat 949
- Total Fat 105.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 680.7 mg
- Sodium 3102.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 191.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 175.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: