Recipe by daisygrl64
Posting for ZWT5. This is a crock pot recipe from my crock pot cookbook. I haven't tried it, but I thought I'd post it, because it looks so simple. Enjoy!
- 4 garlic, cloves
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, cored and dices
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, minced
- 4 medium beef shanks, bone in (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup dry madeira wine
- 4 cups hot steamed rice
- horseradish sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place garlic, onion, green pepper, jalapeno pepper, celery and parsley in crock pot.
- rub beef shanks with rosemary and salt.
- place shanks on top of vegetables.
- pour broth and wine over shanks and vegetables.
- cover, cook on low 7 to 9 hours.
- To Serve:.
- spoon 1 cup rice into each soup plate, top rice with beef shank.
- spoon vegetable sauce over shanks.
- offer horseradish sauce if desired.