I usually make this for special holidays and events! This is a old recipe from some friends in the Azore Islands. My wife loves it and can't get enough.
- Cook the meats in a large stock pot, adding the chicken last.
- Add the cabbage, the potatoes.
- Cut the bread (prefereably portuguese bread) and put some butter over it, a leaf of mint and pour the broth over.
- When the bread has absorbed the liquid pour some more with the cabbages until is juicy.
- When is ready to go to the table put the meats on top and the rest of the gravy.