Recipe by Chief Teer
I usually make this for special holidays and events! This is a old recipe from some friends in the Azore Islands. My wife loves it and can't get enough.
- 1 liter water (add some more as you see you need)
- 1 1⁄2 kg beef, Cut with some fat
- 1 kg beef bones with marrow
- 3 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 chicken
- 1 head white cabbage
- 400 g bread
- 9 potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 mint leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the meats in a large stock pot, adding the chicken last.
- Add the cabbage, the potatoes.
- Cut the bread (prefereably portuguese bread) and put some butter over it, a leaf of mint and pour the broth over.
- When the bread has absorbed the liquid pour some more with the cabbages until is juicy.
- When is ready to go to the table put the meats on top and the rest of the gravy.