Recipe by Chief Teer
This is another one of my favorite recipes from my friends in the Azore Islands.You may use left over cod from other meals to prepare this dish.
- 1 cup of precooked cod
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 pints heavy cream
- 1 (16 ounce) package o'brien frozen potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir fry a portion of sliced onions, until soft.
- Add in the cream and the tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- In a pyrex dish place square cut potatoes, with the shredded cheese, the onions and cod.
- Spice to taste.
- Place dish in 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- The last 15 minutes of bake time add the bread crumbs to top of dish and take into the oven until golden brown.