Portuguese Grilled Tomato Spread
- Lightly coat the tomatoes with some of the olive oil and place on the grill over medium fire.
- Grill, turning frequently , until the skin starts to blister and blacken. When the skin is splitting and blistered, remove from the heat.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle and peel off the skins and stems.
- Transfer the tomatoes to cutting board and coarsely chop. Transfer to a bowl, season with the garlic, salt, pepper and a splash of vinegar.
- Serve as a side dish or spoon over toasted bread slices.