1/1 Photo of Portuguese Green Olive Dip (Zwt-8)
Found at Leite's Culinaria when I went in search of Spanish olive recipes. David Leite is the author of The New Portuguese Table Cookbook & says he serves this as a dip w/crudités, alongside crackers or bread or as a topping for grilled fish. He also said "Don’t make this in a food proc. The bowls of most proc are too lrg to allow the scant amt of ingredients to whip up to the right consistency. A sml narrow blender (or a mini chop or handheld blender) works best. I noted that 1 reviewer solved this issue by doubling the recipe & was glad she did since it was so popular w/her guests. I hope it will be equally well-received by you. (Both yield & times have been estimated) *Enjoy!*
My Private Note
2 Tbsp ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup whole milk (more if needed)
- 6 anchovy fillets, oil-packed
- 1 small garlic clove
- 6 fresh cilantro stems (leaves & tender stems)
- white pepper (freshly ground, pinch of)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup green olives (such as Manzanilla, pitted, rinsed quickly if particularly salty & roughly chopped)
- 1Add the 1/3 cup milk, anchovies, garlic, 2/3 of the cilantro + the pepper to a blender & pulse to combine. W/the motor running, pour the oil in what the Portuguese call a fio (or fine thread). Keep whirring until the oil is incorporated & the mixture thickens (30 sec to 1 1/2 min depending on the equipment).
- 2Scrape the dip into a serving bowl & stir in the olives. Mince the remaining cilantro, sprinkle on top & serve. If the dip thickens, stir in a tbsp or 2 of milk.
- 3NOTE: I don't know about your thoughts, but I'm esp intrigued w/the idea of using this mixture w/grilled fish or maybe even chicken breasts.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Green Olive Dip (Zwt-8)
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.4
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.7 mg
- Sodium 386.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 1.8 g