Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Linguica adds a Rustic Spicy Flavor to the Frittata with fresh vegetables and Casteloes Cheese.
- 8 extra-large eggs (Brown)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 lb linguica sausage (Sliced thin)
- 1 1⁄2 cups yukon gold potatoes (Small Diced)
- 3⁄4 cup red bell pepper (Small Diced)
- 1 tablespoon serrano pepper (Small Diced)
- 1⁄2 cup maui onion (Small Diced)
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup cheese (Casteloes, Grated)
- 1 navel orange (Sliced)
- Pre-Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, cream, 1-teaspoon salt and 1-teaspoon pepper.
- Melt butter in a 8 inch cast iron skillet, add sausage and saute 3-5 minutes. Add potatoes, peppers, onions, Hungarian Paprika, salt and pepper. Saute until vegetables 2-3 minutes.
- Pour eggs into skillet, add 1/4 cup Casteloes Cheese and spread evenly over the skillet.
- Place skillet on a sheet pan and bake frittata for 15-minutes. Add 1/4 cup Casteloes Cheese and bake 5-minutes. Remove from oven, let cool for 5- minutes, slice and serve on a warm plates.
- Garnish with a sliced Navel Orange or fresh fruit.