Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found on alleasyrecipes.com. Posting for ZWT8- Spain/Portugal.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- In a heavy 10-12 inch skillet, melt the butter and olive oil over med. heat.
- When the foam begins to subside, add the potatoes.
- Turning them frequently with a metal spatula, cook for 15 minutes or until they are tender and golden brown.
- Season with salt and a few grindings of black pepper, then transfer to a heated bowl or platter and serve at once, sprinkled with parsley.
This recipe is proof that sometimes the simplest recipes are the best! I left the skin on my baby new potatoes, and these turned out delicious. Thanks for sharing! Made for the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys, ZWT8.
Just love potatoes prepared like this! DH says there is a potato dish like this from every country in the world. I hope thats true. I had to fry mine for closer to 30 minutes, but like them a little darker, so that's probably the difference in time. I will make these again and again. Thanks for sharing, CJAY!
How can you go wrong when frying up potatoes?! This is simple and delicious. Thank you for posting. Made for ZWT8 Family Picks.