1/8 Photos of Portuguese Fried Potatoes / Batas a Portuguesa
1 hr 20 mins
After looking though 108 Fried potato recipes and seeing none that contain parsley, but no onions, I thought I would post this typically Portuguese version of fried potatoes. The mixture of oil and butter keeps things from burning, but for health reasons I usually use less of the butter. I allow between 30 minutes and 1 hour cooking time to get a more even colour that slower cooking gives and depending on the variety of potato used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the peeled potatoes into thin rounds, about 5- 10 mm (approx 1/4 inch) thick.
- 2Heat the butter and oil in a pan and cook the potatoes slowly on a low heat until cooked though and golden brown. ( this can take 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on the type of potato used).
- 3Cooking on a low heat ensures an even golden brown colour and less little burnt bits.
- 4Once cooked though, add the salt, pepper and parsley and mix well though the potatoes.
- 5Transfer to a heated serving dish and serve immediately with additional parsley for garnish if desired.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Fried Potatoes / Batas a Portuguesa
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.6
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 405.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g