Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Ellie Deaner's Book, "So Easy, So Delicious"
- 3 onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 28 ounces whole tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs white fish fillets, cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley (to taste)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Saute onions, garlic and pepper in oil until soft.
- Mash tomatoes with a potato masher.
- Add to onions and pepper.
- Add tomato sauce, water and wine.
- Cook, covered for 30 minutes.
- Add fish and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes until fish is tender.
- Add parsley during the last few minutes.
- Season to taste.
UNBELIEVABLE ! Very tasty. Loved it, loved it, loved it! My husband and I ate the whole thing within a couple of days.