Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe came from an online site for recipes from Portugal.
Top Review by silvercityranch
I thought this recipe was very tasty. I of course added 1 more glove of garlic as we love garlic in our household. I think next time I might try adding a can of diced tomatoes along with the tomato sauce and a tablespoon of sugar to have a sweet a savory dish. Thank you for the recipe.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce, reduced-sodium
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 (19 ounce) cans fava beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, then add onion & garlic & saute until golden brown.
- Add red pepper flakes, tomato sauce, hot water, parsley, salt, pepper & paprika & bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer for 30 minutes.
- Gently stir in fava beans, then remove from heat & let stand several minutes to allow flavors to meld before serving.