1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Adapted from Jas' Kitchen (http://jasnette.blogspot.com/)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Ingredients for Pasty
- 150 g flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 g butter
Ingredients for custard
- 1Method for pastry:.
- 2Sift flour, salt, icing sugar & corn flour together.
- 3Rub butter lightly into sifted flour till mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- 4Add egg yolk to form a dough. Chill dough in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 5Roll dough out thinly and cut to line greased patty tins.
- 6Prick pastry with a fork and brush with egg white.
- 7Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ºC for 20 minutes or till golden brown.
- 8Method for Custard:.
- 9Beat eggs, condensed milk and salt lightly in a bowl.
- 10Heat evaporated milk with water and sugar. Set aside to cool.
- 11Pour gradually into the egg mix.
- 12Add vanilla essence and strain.
- 13Slowly spoon egg mixture into patty tins.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Egg Tart
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.3
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 56.3 mg
- Sodium 124.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g