Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Adapted from Jas' Kitchen (http://jasnette.blogspot.com/)
Make and share this Portuguese Egg Tart recipe from Food.com.
- Method for pastry:.
- Sift flour, salt, icing sugar & corn flour together.
- Rub butter lightly into sifted flour till mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add egg yolk to form a dough. Chill dough in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll dough out thinly and cut to line greased patty tins.
- Prick pastry with a fork and brush with egg white.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ºC for 20 minutes or till golden brown.
- Method for Custard:.
- Beat eggs, condensed milk and salt lightly in a bowl.
- Heat evaporated milk with water and sugar. Set aside to cool.
- Pour gradually into the egg mix.
- Add vanilla essence and strain.
- Slowly spoon egg mixture into patty tins.