Recipe by Chef Gorete
This is a raised fried donut. Is is usually dipped in suger while still hot, but can also be dipped in a sugar/cinnamon combination.
- 12 eggs (or more)
- 5 lbs flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil (plus extra oil for frying)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (2 ounce) package yeast
- 1 cup hot water (if needed)
- sugar, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 1 teaspoons sugar and warm water to yeast, let rise until it reaches the rim of a cup.
- Mix all of the ingredients, except for the last four, in a large bowl. Knead the dough until it is easy to shape. add the yeast and knead until the dough is well mixed. Dust with flour, and let rise until it is double in size (several hours).
- When the dough is ready, heat 2" of oil in a deep frying pan. Fry donuts until brown, turning only once.
- Dip the donuts in sugar.