- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ammonia, carbonate
- 1 large egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until thoroughly combined. Add the flour, baking powder, lemon juice, lemon rind and ammonia then mix well.
- Blend in the melted butter and oil until thoroughly combined, of rolling consistency.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out some of the dough 1/4 inch thick then cut into desired shapes. Brush the cookies with the egg wash.
- Bake 12 - 16 minutes or until lightly coloured.