Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are absolutely delicious - a favourite with coffee here in Oz. So easy to make!
Make and share this Portuguese Custard Tarts recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 220 Degrees Celsius.
- Cut each sheet into 4 10cm circles, line 1/2 cup muffin pan with dough. Refrigerate.
- Stir custard powder, sugar and 1/2 cup cream until smooth.
- Stir in zest and essence.
- Bring remaining cream to boil in saucepan.
- Stir quickly into custard mixture.
- Stir over low heat 2 minutes until thickened.
- Cool 5 minutes and pour into prepared cases.
- Bake in middle oven 15 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
These were absolutely fabulous. Thanks L
We love these tarts when in Portugal and these are the closest we have had to the proper pastis da nata
Everyone liked these and they were so easy to prepare. I made mine in smaller muffin pans which gave me 18. They did sink down a lot in the middle on cooling - I'm not sure if this is usual. Someone suggested that a dollop of cream in the middle would be really good, so I'll try this next time. Mascarpone cheese might also work. Thanks Wendy, I'll definitely be making these again!