Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a different take on the traditional Portuguese custard cupcake.
Make and share this Portuguese Custard Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F Grease cupcake tins with butter.
- Beat the eggs until lemon coloured. Add the sugar and butter and continue to beat until thick, then add the lemon rind.
- Pour warm milk into egg mixture while continuing to beat. Once blended, fold in the flour until well mixed.
- Fill the tins half way up and bake for approximately 1 hour, or until a tester inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on a rack. Cupcakes will sink during the cooling process.
Yum! These little cakes were sweet silky and delicious - and they were so easy to make. The flour in the mix forms a light crust at the base and the centres are lovely and "custardy". We loved them - made for spring PAC 2014