11 hrs 30 mins
I learned this from my MIL who is a Portuguese Jew. I never got the exact recipe so have put together my own version of her recipe. I think mine is quite delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (680.38 g) package cornbread stuffing mix
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 453.59 g beef chorizo sausage or 453.59 g vegetarian chorizo
- 2 link turkey linguica, chopped
- 59.16 ml margarine (parve if making kosher)
- 340.19 g can chicken broth
- 236.59 ml dry white wine (optional)
- 4.92 ml cumin (I like a little more)
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- 9.85 ml paprika (mild or spicy)
- 44.37 ml cilantro, chopped (also optional)
- 44.37-59.16 ml extra virgin olive oil (e.v.o.o.)
- 170.09 g can black olives (drain liquid & chop coarsely)
- 4.92 ml kosher salt (can be adjusted to personal taste)
- 9.85 ml ground black pepper (can be adjusted to personal taste)
- 1Saute' veggies (except cilantro) in the e.v.o.o.
- 2Add sausages and cook thoroughly.
- 3Add margarine and spices, cook for 2 minutes to blend the flavours.
- 4Remove from heat and add stuffing mix, wine & cilantro.
- 5Add broth slowly, stopping when stuffing is as moist as you like it (you can add a little extra water if needed).
- 6Stuff your turkey with the mixture & cook according to it's weight (Or, you can place in a covered casserole & bake @375 degrees for about 45 minutes).
- 7Remove cover & bake for about 10 more minutes until lightly browned on top.
- 8When cooking in a casserole, you may want to start with a moister recipe to avoid an overly dry stuffing.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portuguese Cornbread Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.7
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 1964.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: